Language Questions & Resources
The Belize Kriol Project has been undertaken to focus the efforts of many individual Creoles and organizations towards the overall development of Kriol into a literary language. Project members are conducting linguistic research and publishing various materials to help in this development.
It is our firm belief that knowledge about Kriol will help Belizeans achieve their language goals and promote a healthy identity.
We will try to answer several frequently asked questions about Kriol:
- Why do we call Kriol a language?
- Aren’t there lots of ways to talk Kriol?
- Won’t promoting Kriol hinder English usage?
- How are English and Kriol different?
- How do we write Kriol? (Conference Paper)
Listed below are several valuable Kriol language resources: